It's been a little while since I've posted one of these, so this particular edition is more like the past month or so instead of just the week.
These are the things that annoyed me this week:
5. Ted Williams - No, not the .400 hitter with the frozen head. I have an entirely different beef with that guy. I'm talking about the homeless man with the golden voice. We've discovered a national treasure, and now he's a hero! Yay! We love him! No. We shouldn't. So he was homeless and down on his luck, right? No. He wasn't down on his luck. He's an idiot. He admittedly was homeless because he got hooked on drugs and alcohol. He had nine kids that he didn't take care of or even pay attention to. And what is this guy's skill? He can talk kinda pretty-like. In fact, his voice sounds so much like all the other voiceover guys. (Isn't that kind of a bad thing? how about something unique?) This isn't some homeless scientist who can now get back to work on curing cancer. You're going to listen to his "golden voice" over Cavalier's highlights (should any occur). How about we start rewarding those of us who can control our alcohol intake and don't crap out a bunch of kids?
4. TSA - Take your hands off of everyone's junk. Your safety isn't worth my freedom. Your child's safety isn't worth a single person's freedom. More than just soldiers have and will die to defend the ideals of the Bill of Rights (though it has been awhile since soldiers have died for that reason). If someone says something and some idiot goes and shoots people because you said it, it's not your fault (unless, of course, you specifically told that person to go shoot that person). I have more to say about this topic, but that's a whole other blog entry all together.
3. My House - I thought I was finally getting to the point where I would have the cash to take care of the inside of the house. I need to do things like paint and add baseboards and crown molding. It's not necessarily just the materials that are going to cost so much, but the tools as well. But this past weekend, a pipe in my garage decided that I need to wait just a bit longer. It informed me by bursting. Nice.
2. Eighth Graders - They keep trying - to be annoying.
1. Astrology - It looks like everyone's sign has changed! I'm no longer a Pisces! Our compatibilities are all wrong! It looks like we need to pass an emergency divorce law. Everyone needs to contact his or her local astrologist to find a new mate. We need to switch jobs to match our new strengths and weaknesses. And now I have a much better idea of why that week back in October of 2006 didn't work out; I was following the wrong horoscope!
It's just a shame that this is the way the world has to be. I just wish that something, like science, could debunk this whole astrology thing. Until then, I'm going to have to follow whatever my new sign is. I don't think I was lucky enough to get the new sign, seen at the right.
So what annoyed you this week?