October shall be Blog-a-day month. Why? Because I declare it so. Rules to follow. Feel free to give me suggestions for things to blog about. Also, you should join in too. Why? Because that's what all the cool people are doing. You do want to be cool, don't you?
1. As there is no prize or reward for following the rules, you may bend all rules. But because if you break the rules you aren't playing the game, no breaking the rules. Example of bending the rules: You go to bed at 2 AM, so before you go to bed you blog for the previous day. Breaking the rules: Skipping four days and blogging five times to make up for it.
2. Every day, a blog entry must be made. More than one blog a day is encouraged.
3. No copy/paste blogs. You may copy/paste as back up or supplemental information, but not as the blog itself.
4. No journaling. If anyone wants to know how your day was, they are kindly making small talk. You must talk about shit. It CAN be about something that happened to you, but it must be an interesting or unique event OR used as a springboard to a discussion.
5. Every blog must have a subject or title.
6. Every blog must have substance. Can't post "I'm tired" and count it as a blog (hate people that do that). That can be a start, but you had better tell why and it had better be fascinating (or at least mildly interesting). I don't want to put a minimum number of sentences or words - make it worth clicking on your blog.
7. The occasional blog (and I leave it up to you to define occasional on your own) can be strictly photos if they are photos that you took and if they tell a story or show several things of special interest. Make it worth more than a glance.
8. The rare log can be a video blog. But because I can read faster than you can talk, make it short and interesting.
9. If you use more than one blog, either double post or dedicate one blog. Don't make people search to see if you are cool enough to be a part of Blog-a-day October.
10. Proper GRAMMAR and SPELLING should be used as much as possible. Typos and errors, OK. Being an idiot, not OK. None of this text talk shit. If you wouldn't say it in real life (stupid commercials don't count), don't blog it. (BS is OK. OK is OK. IDK is not). Emoticons are OK.
Any more rules? Let me know.
Post a Comment